Thursday, June 22, 2017

Plein Airing with the DLP's at the Ole Huffman Farm


Hey Friends,  Today was a GOOD day, out painting Nature's beauty with my friends, the DLP's.
The statue above is a Mr. Jones, evidently a soldier worth remembering from the civil war.


This tiny trickle of water I'm painting here feeds into Mason Creek.  Every little trickle helps!
This is the final version. (for this day)


Thought you might want to see the one big change for the final version.  There is a sunlight streak on the left side of that tree.  I thought it was confusing, so deleted it.
Don't you think it looks better??


This is a small road (I think maybe it's a fire road) and all I did was turn around after finishing the first one, above.  I walked up that road for about a block.  It was beautiful.  Reminded me so much of the views at Peaks of Otter on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Big boulders, stone cliffs, big trees and Mountain Laurel.  Can't wait for the laurel to bloom next spring.


And you know how much I love dogs, so wanted you to see this man watering his lab.  He was throwing stones!

CLICK HERE to read about our workshop this Saturday, the 24th, at the gorgeous Evergreen Lavender Farm in Appomattox.
There may still be a seat left.

Happy Trails

No comments: