Sunday, October 19, 2008

NOTECARDS


Well tonight I finally scanned the images I painted to make notecards from. A series of six. Six vintage garden chairs. I painted them on 8"X8" canvas panels. 'Cuz it is a great size. BUT if I had been thinking "notecards" before I started painting then a size like 4x6 or 5x7 would have been far more intelligent. I had to resize the paintings in photo-shop so a couple look a little squished down. Not bad, mind you. I'm posting the scan. If you are interested, I'm listing them in my ETSY shop. (Just not tonight-I wanna go to sleep-must work at my SUPER SHOES tomorrow).


We have several events coming up soon! (We meaning myself and the art community). I am teaching a group of kids this coming Wed. the 22nd. I say teaching! Ha! I've never taught anyone anything. I'll be winging it for sure. Seriously though, I'm supposed to inspire the kids and hope they inspire their parents along the way. I guess my first teaching assignment is best practiced on kids. Maybe they won't laugh or throw spitballs at me! I love little kids for the first half-hour or so. Then I want their parents to pick 'em up-right away! I'll let you know how it goes.


We have a couple other big events coming up. Probably bashing our heads on the wall, with the media hype about the economy, people aren't out much lately. I'll give you those date later. So I'm off to visit a site on MySpace. Have a great evening.

No comments: