Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tenth Year Anniversay Celebration at Gallery 108

Hey Friends, Some photos I took Wednesday at the Gallery 108 in downtown Roanoke, Va. The shot above is the left window. Notice the face with the 3-D glasses?!
This is the window on the right. I always have a hard time taking a decent photo of these windows. Didn't even try the big main window. Some time I'd like to go by there at night and see what would happen with all the glare and such.
Here is the main stage upstairs with the main or majority of the 3-D images hanging. It's probably hard to see but at the top of photo is a little sign that says"It's a new dimension". This show is about looking at art with the glasses you normally would be wearing at a movie !! It's pretty cool. With the glasses on certain colors will appear to be floating or hovering out from their place on the painting. Mainly the HOT colors and it seems exaggerated with the use of Thalo Blue and green. Hope some of you can make it to the show. The big celebration party is Sunday August 21, 2011 4:30 to 7 pm by invitation only and only because wine will be served.
Some city law says when a spirit is served you must know their name or age or something. So if ya want to come, zip me an email and I'll put your name on the list.
AND - TA Dah - My favorite little Man in the world - The handsome Mr. Nic !!! Trying to master the 3-D glasses so he can critique the new works !! His fav was the big red heart floating on the sea.
And now he is ready to play hide & seek !!! Have you ever seen such a cutie pie !!!
Happy Trails !!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Cool show, Sue--congrats. And I agree, Nic may be the most hansdome 3 y/o I'v ever seen! He certtainly looks happy!

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Hi Pam, You should see my Baby Boy's face today !! I was swinging him in the hammock (w/his sister) and he rolled over and fell out !! His little head hit the only bare spot in the yard and he's got a huge egg and scratches now. He will never know how much that hurt me. I just Hate it when these things happen. But on a good note, I think he still loves me. I sure do love him.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Hi Sue. I think you did a great job on these photos. You're right about Nic being the handsomest. He'll forget that you threw him out of the hammock (ha).

Lee Lane said...

I love all the pics, but, yes, definitely the one of Nic the most. He is the cutest ever! He'll forgive ya -- kids are sweet and, thankfully, resilient! ;-)

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Hi Lesa, Thankfully you are right. He probably won't remember the "Incident". Thanks for the comment. PS-I wish I was in Florida right now. Do you need a roommate?

Lee Lane said...

LOL Sue, I've got one too many roommates right now, but it sure would be great to have you here in Florida.

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Thanks Lesa !