Sunday, September 21, 2014

New Chick and Douthat State Park

 
Hey Friends, Another impression of a chicken.  Click HERE for Ebay.

 
And a few photos of the trip last week to Douthat State Park with my painting Buddies, the Double Line Painters.  We had a great time trying to decide where to paint.  There was a painting everywhere you looked.  The sun was a little contrary at times.

 
As usual, my acrylic paintings were too dark when I got them home.  I'm always amazed how much they darken (acrylics) but they dry so fast it makes it so much easier to get them home.  I've been trying to adjust for 2 years now and still haven't gotten it right.  The one above is OIL.

 
These are all acrylics.  I've already worked on the 2 smaller dark ones to lighten them.  And now I must work on the biggest one to the left.
I suppose the answer is to get a couple boxes that are made for transporting wet oils.  Leave the acrylics at home and/or keep practicing with the acrylics on paper.
 
Happy Trails
Travel Well

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE POST!

Shelley Koopmann said...

What a great chicken. I love this one...as usual :-). You are really good, Sue :-)