Sunday, July 19, 2020

HOW I USUALLY START FROM PHOTOS

 Hi my Friends,  I thought this may be of interest to some one.  It is always easier to paint in your studio rather than outside, "en plein aire".   I like to start with black and white photos.

 I can see the values better and I don't get bogged down with the details, I guess the colors just make your eye go to these details.  I used both of these B&W photos for the top painting.

 I have intended to use this 2nd photo for a painting with that barn building in it.  Not sure why a building would be built with air moving through it.  Maybe they dried tobacco in it, long ago.

 Here are my reference photos for the boots, in color and B&W.  Can you see that it might be easier with the B&W?  If you are a painter give it a try.  

Blogger has forced me to finish this post this way.  No text between the last 2 photos.  When I'm nearly finished I will look at the color images on my computer for a few details.  I usually print the B&W photos because my computer is in my house not in my studio.

If you decide to give this a try, send me an email.  I'd love to know how it works for you.

HAPPY TRAILS

4 comments:

Techcloud said...

Wow, pretty cool sharing. I really appreciate the way you start your painting. Though, I'm not good at art & paintwork as I’m working with an Image post-production platform for image editing work. Anyways very good sharing; please keep sharing more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again.image post production

Larreyn said...

that was an amazing artwork. It looks so real.

Referred to Things to do in Maui

Shanniece said...

you've got a talented hands. the painting above is so refreshing


Online deals at Bellevue iPad Repair

Clipping Path said...

I do believe all the ideas you have introduced for your post