Saturday, April 13, 2013

Plein Aire Painting with the gang

 Hi Friends,  The weather here in the Blue Ridge Mountains of SW Va. has been awesome the last few days.  Warm days and cool nights, birds are busier than we are and certainly prettier.
We took a little trip up or down the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Peaks of Otter area and visited Gross's Orchard.  Beautiful place.
 We wandered and took lots of photos and drank up the wonderful sunshine (after this long dark winter, the sun showed up just in time to save my sanity).  The naked trees are apples.  They bloom after the peaches.
Here is a close up of a peach. Such a gorgeous pink.
 This shot is from Ikenberry's in Botetourt county on Rt. 220.  I like the perspective here.
 All of the surrounding farm land and distant mountains just look like a beautiful velvet case a diamond ring would sit in.  Can't wait to see what I can do with my paints. And I must get busy, 'cuz we will be showing our works and painting at Ikenberry's in 2 weeks !!   Yikes!

And here is what Midge, Judy and Linda painted that morning.  Most will need more work at home, in the upper photo.  Mary Anne and mine in the lower photo.  Mary Anne's on the left is pastel and mine are acrylic.  I'm sure we will have these at the Ikenberry show.
Happy Trails

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I love to see what artists do behind
the scenes...Nice POST!