Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LOOKING FORWARD TO SPRING








Hey Friends, I'va been threatening to post some artwork on sale (really cheap) when I finished cleaning out my studio. Well, I'm pretty much finished and I've got several pieces looking for a wall to grace. I'm putting out this piece called "Looking Forward to Spring" as the first one. I was attempting to imitate block printing. The 3 paintings are acrylic thinned to mimic watercolor. I used Arches 300lb. watercolor paper. For those whoe don't know, 300lb. is very thick and stiff. I used masking fluid to block out the design before I painted. I made the jewelry between the images also.


This first signs of spring, excluding birds, are the little sprouts of green and daffodils, iris, and tulips. Don't you love spring?! My favorite time of year.


This artwork is double matted and framed in gold moulding. I do the matting and frame cutting myself. It measures on the outside 20" tall by 10 1/2" wide. This shape is easy to work with, it fits into a lot of odd spaces. This size normally sells for over a $100.00 but this is a studio sale so it is $50.00. Plus 6.00 for shipping. Click here for my etsy store.


Happy Trails.

No comments: