Friday, October 16, 2015

PLEIN AIR ADVENTURES AT EXPLORE PARK AND PEAKS OF OTTER ON THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY


Hey Friends,  Yesterday we, the Double Line Painters, went to Explore Park hoping to see a riot of fall colors.  There was NO riot, barely a gathering.  We are hoping it's still a bit early


After we called it a day, I went on up to the Peaks of Otter.  It's a higher elevation so I was hopeful.
The bus driver (yeah, I took the bus, I only had a few hours) was excellent and slow.
LOOK at that path he took the bus up!


I have proof I made it the 1500 ft. to the top.  I think 1500 ft. is a BIG FAT LIE.


I really thought this was IT.  I really thought some one would find me next spring, in one of the giant cracks.  My chest felt like a heart attack.  And what a headache !
This trip is not for couch potatoes.  Thankfully I was not the only one out of shape.  A couple was just as bad off, even worse.  The poor ole fella, fell going down and had to be helped the remainder of the walk.  Thank goodness the bus driver was in good shape.  The fella hung onto his neck all the way down.


As you can see, the views are FAB.  For me these mountains are spiritual.  They have such a calming effect on my soul.  Just wish I could have started earlier so I could sit up there like a bird and enjoy the beauty so many unfortunate souls will never see.

Wishing you lots of peace and happiness.
Happy Trails

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did it!!! It is quite a trek lol but totally worth it :)