Sunday, October 25, 2015

COLORFUL ORIGINAL STILL LIFE PAINTING AND BISON IN THEM THAR HILLS


Hey Friends,  I just added this pretty to my ETSY Store-Click there.
It was painted with oils and cold wax so it has a different feel and a softer look.  'Tis fun to paint that way.


Thursday, three of us with the DLP went over Catawba Mountain to an area called Paint Bank.  I love to go there.  The grounds around the Paint Bank Store and restaurant are beautiful.  Simple but you can see a painting every where you turn.  There is a lovely creek and the old Tingler Mill and there is a fish pond feeding into the mill wheel.


And if you drive a couple miles past the store you will run into the buffalo herds.  Much bigger than the last time I saw them.  They always appear to be very cautious or anxious around humans.  Not like the buffalo in commercials with the big long sticky tongues trying to get a French Fry!
So now I have some new fodder for paintings and I need to get busy.
Hope your week is wonderful.  And if you know of a colorful gang of maples please let me know.

Happy Trails



No comments: