Tuesday, April 17, 2018

PAINTING LEFT FIELD


Hey Friends,  Just finished a small series of  plein air started oil paintings.  I started them with acrylics, as the block in, before going out to this fantastic farm in Buchanan, Va. with my paint buddies, the Double Line Painters.  Obviously I put foliage on the trees, they are just so unappealing naked.


We went last week, and it was and still is winter time here in SW Va.  We even had tornadoes in the area Sunday!! Very unusual for this area.  Lynchburg, Forest area got the worst of it.


Above is what this small painting could look like, but much better if it was framed.  Maybe some day I will learn to frame them on line.  The middle photo is just a detail shot of the tree shadows.

This is for sale on Ebay and it should be dry tomorrow and ready for shipment.

I will post the others scattered over the coming week.

HAPPY TRAILS

1 comment:

techcloud said...

Wow! Such amazing field paintwork. It seems so vivid and alive. Very sharp and professional touching I must say. I'm mesmerized by your paint. Though I'm not good at art & paintwork as I'm working with different platforms such as Image post-production and so on. Anyways, very good sharing, please keep sharing. I'll definitely visit your blog again.image post production