Thursday, September 28, 2017

A SUNFLOWER FARM IN BUCHANON & A FARM IN SALEM


Hey Friends,  Did you know there is a huge sunflower farm in Buchanan ?  I did not until a couple weeks ago when they had their 2nd festival.


The owner Candace let us paint there today.
HERE is her FB page for the farm


So many beautiful views, it was hard to pick.
Above I set up close to the flowers to do a portrait of sorts.
I will have to finish here at home.


And here is another beautiful farm, not really now, maybe at one time, but a gorgeous piece of property nontheless, that I hope to get back to soon.


Has this faded red barn, which I think was for cows at one time.  Now it stores machinery.


This was my last start for this day.  Includes the stream and a good view of the white fence.
Very dry here in SW Va. now so the stream is tiny.  Probably when spring rolls around again, it will be full and I can try to capture that.

All in all, it has been a good week for plein air.  How much longer will it last.?  Please tell me through October the 15th !  We want some clear, sunny days for the South Peak Paint Out this year.

Happy Trails



No comments: