Saturday, September 9, 2017

WE HAD A BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE IN SW VIRGINIA


Hey Friends,  Myself and Linda went to practice a little more plein aire today. Not sure I'll be ready by Oct. 14th for the BIG plein aire event "PLEIN AIRE SOUTH PEAK"


The top 2 photos are from last week, just been a tad busy and not blogging like I should.  
I don't think I've finished this one yet.


This bottom piece is from this morning.  Just to be fair to myself, I have been trying the palettes of the guy that wrote the book "YIN YANG" Mr. Zhang works with
He has 3 palettes
Yellow-Purple
Blue-Orange
and
Red-Green.
The photo directly above is using the Red-Green Palette.  The one I painted before this one (which I scrubbed off) was using the Purple-Yellow Palette.  And the Purple-Yellow is not a good one for landscapes.  I guess it would be good for still life or a pale cat or dog.  You can't get a good dark or a good green.  It was ugly.
That is another good reason to practice plein aire when you want to use a different palette or try new colors.  For the next session, I will try the Blue-Orange and then the common palette of a cold and a warm of the 3 primary colors.  That will be fun, getting back to the basics.

Til next time.
Take care of your neighbors when it counts.
Plenty of prayers and good MoJo to our neighbors in Florida.

Happy Trails


No comments: