Thursday, August 31, 2017

New Show in Covington and Plein Aire at South Peak


Hey Friends,  Judy and Mary Anne along with Kyle (above photo) hung a new show at the Alleghany Highlands Regional Library in Covington, Va. today.  We hope you will be able to visit them and see the new work.  HERE is a link for more info.


Linda and I went to South Peak again today to do some more practice pieces.  The sky was beautiful even though these photos don't tell you much.


These top 2 photos were taken from the parking lot of the Hilton Hotel, just below South Peak as you can see.


I was using some palettes I'm not exactly used to.  They came from a book called the YIN and YANG.  The top 2 were a red/green color palette.


And these two were the blue/orange palette.  I did not finish any of the 3 totally.  They were pretty slippery and I need to let them get sorta dry or sticky so I can get some more paint to stick and stay put.  I like both color combos.


I won't know for sure until I finish them.  Hopefully they can go into the art show.
Have you put this plein air event on your calendar?  You can come October 13, 14, or 15.
More details will follow.

AND ART BLAST HAS BEEN CHANGED TO SUNDAY ,9-3.
Was scheduled for Sat. the 2nd but IRMA and HARVEY have changed it to Sunday.

Hope to see you come by.

Happy Trails

No comments: