Thursday, March 15, 2018

FOURTH ABSTRACT IN THE CHARTREUSE CHALLENGE


Hey Friends, Do you like my abstracts?    I can remember years ago when I was not fond of them.  I thought they were just something some people threw together because they really could not paint.   I was very wrong.  It takes more skill than I thought and more deliberation.
It is an intuitive way of working.
I pick out a scheme for the darks and let the rest come as I work.  I like it best when I can lay down a color and leave it alone.  The more you do, the more you trust your instincts which is why it's called Intuitive.
After a lifetime of painting realistically, then impressionism, then mixed media, I just wanted something else.  I am positive some people never tire of doing the same thing all their life but I seem to have acquired attention deficit and just don't have the patience for making an object look like that object.
I still love plein air because I love being outside and trying to capture my muse, the sky.  I think perhaps just having learned more about plein air and meeting weekly with friends to paint out there in Mother Nature is why I am not tired of it yet.

I will be showing my abstract work at the Salem Civic Center next weekend March 23 thru 24.
The Roanoke Valley Home Builders Show will have lots of ideas for your homes and landscape and now there is a section (a room actually) for art to decorate your walls.  We will be located in the lobby, the first room to the left.
Bring your friends and introduce yourself.
See You There.

HAPPY TRAILS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious color in this one, Sue! Hope you have an amazing show!!

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Thank You Bonnie, I shall let you know. I enjoy your NEWSLETTERS.
sUE