Friday, May 11, 2018

PAINTING AT VWCC AND 2ND HELPINGS RECEPTION


Hey Dear Friends,  Hope you are enjoying this wonderful weather as much as I am.  I have been outside painting every day.  And yesterday I went with the DLP's to Va Western Comm. College on Colonial Ave. to paint in their fab Arboretum.  They have so many gorgeous trees and perennials, I believe I could stay there for a week and never finish.


I thought I was almost finished with my piece until I looked at it hours later when I got home!
The beautiful yellow azalea just looked out of place( I usually try to put everything in my view in a painting).  It is almost always better to do a lot of simplifying for a stronger composition.


Here is the final version.  I removed the yellow and changed the bench and made the pink Rhodie bigger.  I like it much better.

I will be at 2nd Helping's Gallery tomorrow, the 12th.  The DLP's have a new show hanging and the reception is from 1-3pm.  I will be painting a landscape and you may enjoy watching a piece in progress.  I always love to watch other artists paint.  Hope to see you at the reception tomorrow.

HAPPY TRAILS

1 comment:

techcloud said...

Wow, pretty cool sharing. I really appreciate your painting. Though, I'm not good at art and paint work as I’m working on E-commerce Image Editing platform for the image editing work. Anyways very good sharing; please keep sharing more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. ecommerce-image-editing-services