Sunday, May 6, 2018

PAINTING THE FRONT BED AT SALEM'S TEA HOUSE


Hey Friends,  Saturday was a gray grey day indeed.  I still set up my tripod at the Salem Tea House.
Only once were there a couple drops of rain.


My attraction was the old stump laying on it's side.  It looked burned. charred.  You can see I have started with sky and boxwoods.


Had to get up and stretch several times so took this photo from West Main, across from the Dynasty.


Now you can see I'm moving right along.  The threat of a thunderstorm helps to keep from dilly-dallying.  They call it tickling the painting.


The poppies add a lot of interest.  Once they have had a few years they will be the focal point.


Now if you go around to the back, you are treated to these massive trees.  I would bet at one time that was a koi pond between the benches.  I can see some paintings done here.


This shot was taken from the fence you see up there in previous photo.  And you can see the edge of the patio with iron chairs on the left.  If they seat diners out there in the warm months, that would be an interesting painting.
Love these gnarly old trees.

Hope to get back there soon.
A BIG Thank You to Kim Arney for allowing me to paint.

HAPPY TRAILS

2 comments:

techcloud said...

Wow! Such amazing landscape paintwork. It seems so vivid and alive. Very sharp and professional touching I must say. I'm mesmerized by your paintwork. Though I'm not good at art & paintwork as I'm working with different platforms such as Image post-production and so on. Anyways, very good sharing, please keep sharing. I'll definitely visit your blog again.image post production

JL OUTSOURCING said...

It's nice to see the setup of the painting in front of your house.It's nice to see the setup of the painting in front of your house.
Graphic design services
Logo Design Services
Marketing Design