Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hummer No.2 30 in 30

Hey Friends,  A little jewel painted several months ago when it was still warm and green outside.   I surely miss summer, spring, and fall.  In that order, too.

This jewel is painted with acrylics with lots of water, kind of like watercolor, on Masa Rice Paper that is wet and crumpled and stained then left to dry before painting on.   Gives a batiky, textured look to the base.

I used this process for years several years ago.  Don't know why I stopped.

This painting is for the 30 in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.   I know I'm supposed to paint a new one today for this challenge but trying to care for my daughter will get in the way at times.  I think that's OK.

It's also listed on my DPW site.  Just click that badge in the right sidebar.

Happy Trails
Travel Well

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is really, really beautiful!

Melissa Adams said...

I love the way you painted this, especially the way you crumpled and stained the paper it's on! How inventive of you! I've never even heard of this type of paper, but I may have to check it out now. And I really want to try this process of yours - it's truly amazing how you painted so beautifully on a crumpled,imperfect surface (and I mean that in a very good way - I LOVE imperfect!). Very well done, my fellow "30 in 30"-er. =)

Gina Louthian-Stanley said...

Sue, I adore this piece. I also wanted to tell you, I love reading your blog.....