Thursday, June 9, 2016

MOTHER NATURE GAVE US ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR PLEIN AIR


Hey Friends,  We had a good time this morning at Garst Mill Park just off Brambleton Ave.  The little creek that runs through this park is melodious (HaHa-look at me trying to use big words).
I made a little short video and hope you can hear the water babbling.


I like this new method I've been using for plein air painting.  The top photo shows my 9x12 canvas with an acrylic sketch on it of the pictured creek.  This dries really fast and you don't have to worry about getting it home, like you do with oil.
So now I just paint over the acrylic with oils at home.  Maybe I won't do this forever, maybe I'll learn to focus better and I won't flit off chasing squirrels and butterflies.
After all I'm out here to have fun, not to be winning awards!

Please tell me what you think of the short video.
You can even say "Don't EVER do that again"

Happy Trails

No comments: