Tuesday, July 19, 2016

FINALLY - A DAY OF PAINTING !!!


Hey Friends,  It has been a great day here in the steam bowl of SW Virginia, also known as the Roanoke-Salem area.  The photo above was taken when my paint group, DLP, was at the Peaks of Otter on the Blue Ridge Parkway last month.  I started 3 paintings that morning.  I finally finished one today.


And I had my wits about me and took the camera out to the studio for progress shots
I even made a tiny, 30 second video, at the bottom of this post.


This is a sycamore tree that may be in it's final stages of life.  Slowly, limb by limb, they die.


Almost finished here, about another hour will do it..  This is on a gesso'd panel.  My favorite surface.
I do love the "YES" canvas but the gesso'd masonite is the best.


And here is the little video, I do hope it works.  I have one of my favorite CD's play in the background.  That would be, Beaux Jacque and the Hi-Rollers.  A zydeco band from Louisiana.
It's hard to paint while they are playing.  All she wants to do is dance!

I will post my others in a day or so.  I may hate them in the morning.
Thanks for your visit.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

techcloud said...

Wow, pretty cool sharing. I really appreciate your way of painting. Though, I'm not good at art and paintwork as I’m working with an Image post-production platform for image editing work. Anyways very good sharing; please keep sharing more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. image post-production

JL OUTSOURCING said...

Your paintings have been beautiful to look at and captivating.Thank you so much for sharing so many beautiful paintings.
Graphic design services
Logo Design Services
Marketing Design