Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fourth of July - Half of 2011 left!

Hey Friends, It's July 2nd ! Exactly one month since my last post. What a PUTZ. I've been busy traveling the world and taking photos to paint my memories from ! In my dreams.

I don't have an excuse for being absent except "the dog ate my photos". No, seriously, I feel like I may be OK now. I think my paint mojo may be back any moment now. I sure hope so. Also hoping I'm a better painter and everyone LOVES my new work and they are all fighting to buy it. Because I have a ton of medical bills to pay now. Boo Hoo, you say, poor little artist. Get a real job? I have one and still can't afford insurance.

Enough already. The photos were taken at 2nd Helpings Gallery. This is the outdoor cafe. Artists are painting whatever they want on the tables. The bottom photo is my table. I painted it Tuesday before going to work at the real job.

For all you lovlies that don't know Roanoke, Va. I painted the Mill Mountain Star. A local land mark you can't possibly miss. It's especially captivating if you can fly into Roanoke at night. That's my interpretation here. It's been a 100 years since I flew into Roanoke at night and saw the STAR, but I still remember it. (I think!)

If you make it into Roanoke visit the Rescue Mission's Recycle store, the Art Gallery and the wonderful cafe. The food is fab. 540-491-9405 - Call them for directions.


HAVE A WONDERFUL FOURTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Happy Trails.



4 comments:

Holly said...

I feel your pain! I have a "real job" too, but it doesn't pay much at all and never will. There are no benefits, but luckily I get health insurance through my husband's job. I still can't afford to use it though because the copay for a doctor visit is anywhere between $30-$50. So I'll whine right along with you. ;-)

The idea of letting artists paint the cafe tables is so neat! Yours is gorgeous. If I ever travel to Roanoke, I will definitely have an eye out for your fabulous work. Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Hang in there, Sue. I don't fly often and I've not made it to Roanoke yet. Maybe I can astro-travel and check out that star--I like your table.

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Hi Holly and Hallie, Thanks for stoping by. You're both so funny, I enjoy your comments.
I'm going to help my GranBabe w/ a LEMONADE Stand on the 4th. Should be entertaining!

Toyin O. said...

Great pictures:)