Thursday, April 20, 2017

PLEIN AIR AT GREENHILL PARK IN SALEM, VA.


Hey Friends,  Right this minute I can hear thunder and rain !!  A drastic change since this morning at Green Hill Park in Salem, Va. along the Roanoke River.


I usually take a million pictures every spring of the Mertensia (Va. Blue Bells) along the banks of this river.  Not this year, too late, the wild phlox is blooming now.  And I have felt really under the weather with all the allergies and colds that's why I missed the mertensia  and why I didn't feel like painting this morning.


I just took my sketchbook and made several little studies that I should paint from right away before the memories fade.

You can go to the DLP blog to see a couple little videos I made of the other gals painting.

It was a beautiful morning and the sun made me feel better.

Happy Trails

No comments: