Tuesday, July 17, 2018

NEW ORIGINAL PAINTINGS LISTED ON FASO

LEAVING IT ALL BEHIND  24x18

Hey Dear Friends,  Finished this piece Sunday.  Photographed it, varnished it and now it needs the back dust cover and wire to hang from.


I love these colors and one of my favorite things about abstracts are the textures.  Titles of work have always intrigued me and I've had fun coming up with titles for these guys.  Unlike realism, where you usually have titles like, Gary's Barn or Landscape # 8 or Mayberry Mill,  with abstracts it can be any thing your feeble little brain can describe.  Most of my titles thus far have come from my childhood.  Let's pray I don't look for titles from adult hood.
As usual, I'm having a little difficulty using the autumn palette but maybe by the time autumn rolls in, I will be over my favorite palette.  I'm also thinking it would be fun to use a certain color in everything for a while.  Much like Elizabeth Chapman is doing.  I was trying to follow her but I'm either too forgetful or just to eager.  I do love her work.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Techcloud said...

Wow, very creative one. You got very artistic hand I must say. It seems like you have perfectly portrays the painting. Though I’m not a professional artist but have a very few knowledge about painting. Basically I'm working on different image editing platform like image post production and so on.Anyways, thanks for sharing such nice painting. Please keep sharing more. image post production