Friday, January 23, 2009

NEW LA SERIES









Hey Friends, I'm working on a new series of small paintings that I decided to call my LA series. Its a secret code for the model that you see in the swing! This first painting is actually painted on top of a doll sewing pattern that I glued to the canvas. I got a little heavy with the acrylic. You can barely see the pattern. I think it might be a good idea with refinement but this is my first, so we shall see.
Can you remember how it feels to swing? I certainly remember, it's still fun for me. This little angel loves to swing. She will stay in a swing for hours.
In case you haven't noticed, I was messing with the lay out of the photos above. It doesn't look the way I thought it might because the images are different sizes. Maybe I'll get it right next time. I'm going to my Etsy shop now to list this one.

1 comment:

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

I love this one, Sue!

I too still enjoy a swing set in the park on occasion.