Friday, May 15, 2015

PEACOCK PAINTED AND PLEIN AIR PAINTING AND NOSEY COWS

 
Hey Friends,  A post about what's been going on here in SW Va.   It is spring, glorious spring time, here in the beautiful mountains of the Roanoke-Salem Valley.
This beautiful, noisy peacock is up for auction in EBAY. click there.

 
Yesterday I went with my group the DLP's to the beautiful arboretum at our local community College. Virginia Western Community College.  This is a beautiful, well maintained garden of unusual trees that create a canopy for all the shade loving plants.  You will find many.  Everything has a name tag so you can find them for your garden.  The photo above is poor quality but you get the idea of what I painted.  The blooms just didn't show up at all. 

 
After the arboretum and lunch, I went to the Little Gallery at Smith Mountain Lake to exchange artwork.  I'll show what I took later because I want you to see these silly, cute cows.
I was headed home through Hardy, Va. to avoid the Windy Gap Mtn. (my car is being a pickle).  When I saw a glimpse of these black and white cuties, I slammed on the brakes and turned around.
This is how I found them.  It appeared to be their private little campground minus tents.

 
They stayed on the ground for maybe 2 minutes but their nosiness got the best of them.  They ventured this close and stood there until I left.  HOW I wished I had a flute or bango.  Next time I go that way I'll need to remember music and apples for these sweet faces.
I'm dying to paint them but I must get ready for a big day tomorrow.  The www.BlueRidgeLandConservancy.org is sponsoring a plein-air paint out at Pleasant Grove Farm in Botetourt County tomorrow from 9 to 4.
Mrs. Whitney Feldman has graciously opened her farm for us to use.
 
Linda and I are hoping for nice weather and anticipate a lot of fun.  I'll let you know tomorrow night.
 
Great times
Happy Trails

1 comment:

techcloud said...

Thank you for sharing such amazing paint work. Very cool concept I must say. I really appreciate your thought and ideas. Though, I'm not good at art work as I’m working on image post production platform for editing the images. Anyways very good sharing; please keep sharing more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. image post production