Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hummingbird

Hey Friends,  I like the idea of this tiny little fella hanging onto a lite-up tree light.  After watching these precious little birds all summer, I want to immortalize a few by painting them.   I will have to rely on my imagination because I surely couldn't get any decent photos of the little dare devils.
I have different lights I can use for props and would love to find a life sized artificial bird.  Maybe I can make one from clay !
On another note, I will be out with the Double Line Painters this Thursday in Bedford, Va.  This is to gather reference photos of any local barns to paint from.   This is a special project by Bedford and I will have to find the invitation to share with you, so it will make sense.  Mary Anne wrote a bit in her blog and here is the link.
I'm listing this hummer in my Etsy shop and in the DPW gallery.
Happy Trails
Travel Well

No comments: