Wednesday, October 16, 2013

More of the Plein-Aire Frustration

 Hey Friends,  The majority of this day has been beautiful here in SW Va.  So after a few little chores, I threw my stuff on the golf cart and headed down Gum Springs.
 This is another neighbors quaint little homestead.  Above I have finished the first of the shed.
 Between this photo and the second one, I made a mess.  One leg on the easel gave way when I was moving it to paint that gorgeous tree.  The palette flipped very conveniently on top of the canvas panel that I had the tree drawn on.   Of course it was a mess but much better than grass and dirt in the paint.   I just got the biggest brush I had and using the turps blended all the different colors across the drawing.
So you can see I recovered but I'll tell ya, this plein-aire job is almost more than I can take.   If  I didn't want to be outside so much, I'd say "Forget It".  And I don't seem to be getting any better at it.  That's the part that's really frustrating.  I have been told more than once I'm to impatient, that's the reason I haven't given up yet.   What I really need is a class/workshop from someone that's good at this.   My color choices suck, especially in the fall.  Enough whining.
Happy Trails
Travel Well

3 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

A new way of painting--slap the palette on the painting. I like both of these; the shed looks great. I need a golf cart.

Susan Rose said...

".....but I'll tell ya, this plein-aire job is almost more than I can take." Ha! You made me laugh out loud with that comment. : )

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Susan, I often wonder if anyone "gets" my humor. It's pretty dry.
Hallie, My brother got the golf cart for MOM, but she won't get on it. She took ONE short ride and "Nevermore".