Thursday, October 31, 2013

Summer's Mailbox

Hey Friends,  Something different today.   Not a bird in sight!  Such a shame, a bluebird perched on that box would be pretty.
This is painted first with pen and ink then watercolor to fill it out. I'm listing it in my Etsy shop.
 On another note, Judy, Mary Anne and myself where out today in Bedford, Va. taking photos of BARNS !  There is a beautiful red barn behind us in this photo.  But we were thrilled these cows came over to say HI !   Judy is the photographer here.   I took 298 photos today .  We had a good day and enough fodder for 200 paintings.  We also came across a farm with a lot of colorful chickens and roosters.   I was happy to get this reference.  I was thinking of you NaNaKat when photographing the chickens.
Happy Trails
Travel Well

2 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

I like this a lot--such a cheerful painting.

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Thanks Hallie, We don't get as much mail as we used too, huh? Except for junk mail, like I get about 3 pcs from Dish satellite every week....
I guess email is better than NO mail?