Friday, March 3, 2017

KEEP THE OLD New Original Collage Art


Hey Friends,  Do you like my new works?  Do you appreciate collages?  Do you admire mixed media?
I am sure to most people it looks like a NO Brainer but give it a try sometime.  Make some papers with colors and designs that get your creative juices flowing.  Then rip them up or cut if you like a hard edge and lay them on your canvas.  Move things around and draw a bit and do some stamping and stenciling.  Then glue it all down and varnish.
More than likely you will be saying to yourself, "DANG this is hard!!"

It does not matter if you try or not, I LOVE doing them and can't STOP now.

Now you are invited to a new art show going up on April 4th at 2nd Helpings Art  Gallery which is at 1501 Williamson Rd. in Roanoke, Va.


Here is a piece that will be in the show.  Mixed Media, not a total collage.  I plan to make an abstract or two for this show also.
I'm hoping you put it on your calendar and come out.  The DLP members are planning to paint during the reception and I hope to be organized enough to work on a collage.  We also have some surprises in store, like maybe a door prize.
We always have fun and really enjoy talking with our collectors and the public.

Hope to see you there.
Happy Trails

1 comment:

audrey said...

I love collaging, Sue. Always have. It is a fun art medium! I plan to make it to the show in April. I know it will be a good one.