Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bob-O-Link in wax


Hey Friends,  My latest avian themed presentation for the 30 in 30 challenge.  This is a collage of  cold wax mixed with oil paints that is applied to an inflexible surface such as ampersand products.  Then you heat and while very soft imbed stuff in it such as a picture of a Bob-O-Link and a strip of glittery tissue paper and gold stuff and some webby stuff (sorta looks like a weave up there on the left side).
 Then you apply more cold wax (clear or with more oils added).  And then you must wait about 4 months for it to dry.  I'm told others don't have such a long drying time.  I don't know why it takes so long for me, that's why I don't work with it much.
I had to go back in with white oil to touch up his head and the little flowers.  This is a very tactile, expressive way to create. I enjoy it a lot but I'm too impatient.  It just doesn't work with my personality.  It's good to know your limits, in my case anyway.

Happy Trails
Travel Well

No comments: